1. Age: Contestants must be at least 16 years of age and not more than 25 years of age at the date of this competition.
2. Instrument: Contestant must perform on piano or a standard orchestral instrument. The competition has discontinued allowing vocalists.
3. Composition: Contestant must be ready to perform an entire concerto or solo work with orchestra accompaniment; judges will determine which portions of the work will be performed at the competition. The winner will perform with the orchestra at the May 12, 2017 concert. The music to be performed in the concert is subject to approval of the Music Director of the Pasadena Community Orchestra.
4. Music: All music must be performed from memory; the judges may request any portion of the music and may terminate any audition without prejudice to the performer. If, in the opinion of the judges, no contestant attains an adequate standard of excellence to perform with the Orchestra, the judges shall have the right to recommend that no one be selected.
5. Application Fee: A registration fee of $60 must accompany the completed entry form. Once the application has been accepted, no refund will be made.
6. Time: Each contestant must appear for audition at the scheduled time. SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2017 (1 TO 4 P.M.)
PASADENA CITY COLLEGE, MUSIC BUILDING, 1570 EAST COLORADO BOULEVARD, PASADENA.
7. Accompanist: Contestants must perform with accompaniment, and must provide their own accompanist and one copy of the score for the judges.
8. Judges: The judges shall be selected by the Young Artists Audition Committee. Any teacher entering a student in this Audition will not be eligible to serve as a judge.
9. Decision: The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable. Judging is based on the outstanding performance and suitability to the orchestra. The age of a contestant is not a consideration.
10. The closing online application date for receipt of entries is January 21, 2017, 11:59 PM PST. It is the responsibility of the contestant to be sure that the application is submitted on time. Due to limited audition times, only the first twelve applications will be accepted. For additional information call 323-728-6317.
11. Winner will provide high-resolution photos and bio for publicity and gives full permission for the use of photos and videos in print, online newsletter, on the website and social media channels (Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
- About Us