VIDEO SUBMITTAL DUE: SATURDAY, JANUARY 30, 2021, MIDNIGHT
POSTMARKED VIDEOS DUE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2021
The winner of the competition will appear as Guest Soloist with the Pasadena Community Orchestra on Friday, May 7th, 2021 and will receive a $500 cash award from the Orchestra.
PLEASE READ RULES CAREFULLY
1. Age: Contestants must be at least 16 years of age and not more than 25 years of age at the date of this competition.
2. Instrument: Contestant must perform on piano or a standard orchestral instrument. The competition has discontinued allowing vocalists.
3. Composition: Contestant must be ready to perform an entire concerto or solo work with orchestra accompaniment; judges will determine which portions of the work will be performed at the competition. The winner will perform with the orchestra at the May 7th, 2021 concert. The music to be performed in the concert is subject to approval of the Music Director of the Pasadena Community Orchestra.
4. Music: All music must be performed from memory. If, in the opinion of the judges, no contestant attains an adequate standard of excellence to perform with the Orchestra, the judges shall have the right to recommend that no one be selected.
5. Application Fee: A registration fee of $60 + $3.75 PayPal fee, must accompany the online entry form. Printed applications sent by post are $60. Once the application has been received and accepted, no refund will be made.
6. Time: Each contestant must submit a link or send an mp4 video recording of their performance with accompaniment (YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook/Dropbox/GoogleDrive/WeTransfer,/FTP, etc.) or by US postal mail on a USB in mp4 format by January 30, 2021. Visit the following link for tips on how to create your video: https://bit.ly/2SXkZW9
7. Accompanist: Contestants must perform with accompaniment performed by their own provided accompanist and one copy of the score for the judges (pdf version only).
8. Judges: The judges shall be selected by the Young Artists Audition Committee.
9. Decision: The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable. Judging is based on the outstanding performance and suitability to the orchestra. The age of a contestant is not a consideration.
10. Application: Application and registration fee may be completed online at https://bit.ly/3k3sOpe or the PDF application form may be printed and sent with payment along with the video on a USB to: Young Artist Competition, 702 S. Gladys Ave. #B, San Gabriel, CA 91776. The closing postmark date for receipt of entries is January 22, 2021. It is the responsibility of the contestant to be sure that the application is submitted on time. Due to limited audition times, only the first twelve applications will be accepted. For additional information call (213) 291-5319.
11. Video Submittal: The Young Artist Competition will be held by the submission/transmission of video-recorded performance audition pieces. Submissions to PCO for this competition will be returned to applicants, if requested. The applicant should include a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of the USB with their audition recording. If the competition piece is electronically transmitted via Dropbox or some other electronic medium, no return is required. PCO warrants that all performance recordings will not be distributed to any persons or organizations except for the judges of the competition without the express permission of the applicant.