• A member of SCSBOA (Southern CA School Band & Orchestra Association) since 1974.
• While completing credential requirements at Cal State Long Beach in 1973, he started after-school music lessons at the newly opened La Merced Intermediate School in the Montebello Unified S.D.
• He became the director of instrumental music at Montebello H.S. in September 1974 and retired in June 2005.
• MHS band hosted SCSBOA Band and Orchestra festivals for 25 of those 31 years.
• He has presented sessions at the SCSBOA Fall Conference 4 times.
• In 1980 he served as Manager of the SCSBOA Honor Jazz Band, that year, it was conducted by Bob Curnow from Cal State L.A.
• He has been an SCSBOA parade judge since 1979.
• His Marching Bands, Concert Bands, Orchestras, and Jazz Ensembles have performed for audiences in Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Vancouver B.C., Las Vegas, Honolulu, Orlando, Atlanta, London, Dover, Edinburgh, Paris, Normandy, Amsterdam, Rome and Saltzburg.
• Since his retirement, he’s been keeping busy playing his trombone in the Pasadena Community Orchestra; serving as musical director of the Pico Rivera Stage Band; working on his muscle cars; but mostly just trying to catch-up on all the little jobs around the house he put-off for the 31 years he was teaching.
Sometimes he feels like he should go back to work so he can relax a little!